The CIICA Arbitration Council, which is the equivalent of an international arbitration institution’s court, performs functions entrusted to it under the CIICA Arbitration Rules such as ensuring proper application of CIICA’s rules, appointment of tribunals and determining challenges to arbitrators.
Mr. Justice (Retired) Nasir Aslam Zahid
Former Judge, Supreme Court of Pakistan
Former Chief Justice, Sind High Court
Professional and Academic Achievements:
- Was the Dean, Faculty of Legal Studies of the Hamdard University, and Head of Hamdard School
of Law from January, 2001 to February, 2016.
- Was a member of the Board of Governors of the Habib University from 2012 to 2015.
- Has been involved in arbitration as sole or co-arbitrator and umpire in a large number of disputes under
the Arbitration Act 1940.
- Was a member of the Board of Trustees in Aga Khan University, Karachi from January 1991 to
- On deputation worked as Federal Secretary, Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs,
Government of Pakistan at Islamabad – From July 31st 1988 to 19th June 1990.
- Member Asia Pacific Research Committee Network of Asia-Pacific Schools and Institution of Public
Administration and Governance; CSLG, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
- Judge of Supreme Court of Pakistan – From April 18th 1996 (Retired in Jan. 2000)
- Chief Justice Sindh High Court (from 1992 to 1994)
- Elevated Judge of Sindh High Court (17th May 1980)
- Visiting Professor of Public International Law – at S.M Law College Karachi University (from 1960 to 1980)
- Civil and constitutional lawyer for 20 years in the High Court and Supreme Court of Pakistan
- 1960 M.A.
Cambridge University, United Kingdom
- 1956 B.A.
Honours in Law (Tripos) Cambridge University, United Kingdom
Middle Temple, London, United Kingdom
- 1953 B.A.
Government College, Lahore, Pakistan.
- The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan 1973′ – Edited by Justice Nasir Aslam Zahid and Muhammad Akmal Wasim, Published in 2011, by Legal Aid Office.
- Pakistan Prison Rules’ – Edited by Justice Nasir Aslam Zahid and Prof. Muhammad Akmal Wasim,Published in 2012 by Hamdard School of Law.
- The Companies Ordinance, Bare Act Referencer, Subject Index’ – Edited by Justice Nasir Aslam Zahid and Prof. Muhammad Akmal Wasim, Published in June, 2011 by Hamdard Schoolof Law.
- Honour And Women; South Asian Perspectives; Published by MASUM Publications, Pune, Maharashtra, India.
- The Province of Sindh as a Case Study on Prosecution Service, Co-Author with Prof. Muhammad Akmal Wasim; published in Article 2, Asian Human Rights Commission, Hong Kong.
- ‘Strengthening Governance Through Access to Justice’ – Co-editor with Dr. Amita Singh, Published in 2009, by PHI Learning Pvt. Limited, Delhi, India.
- ‘Access to Justice’ – Published in the first issue of BAYAN, a Bi-Annual Socio-Journal (August 2003) of Simorgh Women’s Resource and Publication Office.
- ‘Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards in Pakistan’ – in publication of the International Chamber of Commerce covering proceedings of the International Conference held in Karachi in February 2002.
- ‘Women’s Access to Judicial Redress’ – published in the 2002 Journal of Interights: London, UK.
- Report of The Commission Of Inquiry For Women, Pakistan (August 1997)